Friday, April 2, 2010

Forever young skirt.




From the last Spring Refreshing skirt that I made, I had half yard of fabric left over so I sew this mini skirt. It's very easy and if you're fast enough you can make this skirt in less than 15 mins. All you need is just fabric, lining fabric and an elastic for the waist band. The fabric lenghth is depends on how long you want your skirt to be, mine is just about 15 or less (inches). First, I sew the lining and the self fabric together. Then I sew the side seams of the lining and the self. Then, I sew the waist band and connected the waist band to the skirt. Make sure that the waist band and the skirt is evenly divided so that it is in the correct shape of the skirt. And finally, all I have to finish was the hem of the skirt and the lining. It doesn't sound complicated right ? In less than 15 minutes you will finish a skirt that you can wear with any tank top you like. If you are a teen style, you can actually make a bow out of the same fabric as the self, or you can use a different color bow so that it will bring up more on your skirt. If you are more of a modern, sexy style, you can combine the skirt with a waist band. You can wear under the top or on top. It's all depends on you and your style. Summer is here, I hope you enjoy this nice season with some cute skirts that you can wear to the beach, on street, or school. Have a nice summer!

3 comments:

  1. teach me how to do it Tiara! coz I want to make it for my friend. :) thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, Michelle, I'll post the Tutorial soon, hope it will help. Very easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o well...maybe i just ask you at class...haha...coz im planning to make this weekend.

    ReplyDelete